Examination of Bloody Friction Ridge Impressions (03/10/22)
Mar 10, 2022
Availability: In stock
Enter the number of attendees in the quantity field and click “Add to cart”. At Checkout, you will be prompted for Billing information and the webinar Attendee information.
Click here to print or download webinar details: Blood Prints March 2022
Instructor: Dr. Glenn Langenburg
Blood matrix can be one of the more difficult factors affecting the interpretation of friction ridges. Owing to its unique composition, blood creates many unusual artifacts in friction ridge impressions. We will examine the range of bloody impressions from liquid, to tacky, to nearly dry. Furthermore, we will examine the typical characteristics that manifest in bloody impressions. We will watch the moments blood impressions are deposited and what happens to them as they dry. Finally, we will review the literature and research regarding ‘activity level’ statements such as if a bloody impression was made in blood or made with blood.
- The attendee will be able to identify the characteristics of blood.
- The attendee will be able to identify critical research studies demonstrating the deposition of bloody fingerprints.
- The attendee will be able to recognize the influence of substrates on blood depositions.
- The attendee will be able to identify the effects of pressure, volume, and drying on blood print depositions.
- The attendee will be able to describe typical artifacts and distortions encountered in bloody impressions.
- The attendee will be able to recognize different activity level scenarios related to the deposition of bloody impressions.
- The attendee will be able to list the limitations of examining bloody impressions.
Course Handout: You will receive an email link several days before class to download the handouts and images. This will give you an opportunity to come to the webinar with the exercises already prepared and we can discuss as a group. The pre-course work may take about an hour to review. If you are unable to download or work the exercises in time, you can still participate in the webinar, but you will have less time to review the exercises in real time.
Assessing Learning Outcomes (a.k.a Quiz): In order to verify the learning outcomes have been achieved, there is a 20-question quiz via SurveyMonkey at the end of each webinar. Attendees must score a minimum of 70% in order to receive a training certificate for the webinar. Please note quizzes are open-book and poll questions are given during the webinar to prepare attendees for the quiz.
Attendance Policy: This webinar may only be attended by the person registered for the webinar. Evolve Forensics does not permit broadcasting, watching, listening, or distributing the webinar or any of the webinar handouts to individuals who are not registered for this webinar.
Software Requirements: Attendees must be able to access GoToWebinar (webinar platform) and SurveyMonkey (quiz platform) in order to participate.
The following YouTube Video shows how to use GoToWebinar as an attendee: https://youtu.be/IQ3Xwwgbd8Y
For questions regarding the course content, please contact Glenn Langenburg via email Glenn@EliteForensicServices.com
For questions regarding registration and payment, please contact Alice White via email Alice@EvolveForensics.com