Error Rates, Human Factors, and Quality Management Systems (08/16/22)
Aug 16, 2022
Availability: In stock
Enter the number of attendees in the quantity field and click “Add to cart”. At Checkout, you will be prompted for Billing information and the webinar Attendee information.
Click here to print or download webinar details: WEBINAR FLYER
Instructor: Alice White
This webinar will review selected error rate studies, including PCAST’s use of confidence intervals to estimate the range within which actual error rates could fall for specific studies. Error rates may be meaningful for the courts assessing general reliability of friction ridge examinations, but they are not terribly helpful when assessing errors in casework.
From the discussion on error rates, Alice will walk attendees through the many human factors that can contribute to errors. Once the landscape of pitfalls has been illuminated, Alice will review the checks and balances within a quality management system that enhance analyst performance and reduce error rates even lower.
Ultimately this webinar should prepare attendees for testimony issues related to error rates and prompt agencies to consider a more nuanced human factors approach to dealing with mistakes and errors.
- The attendee will be able to explain the relationship between the following: population, parameter, sample, and statistic.
- The attendee will be able to define false positive and false negative in relation to latent print errors.
- The attendee will be able to describe a false positive error rate and false negative error rate in relation to latent print errors.
- The attendee will be able to calculate basic error rates.
- The attendee will be able to explain the function of a confidence interval.
- The attendee will be able to identify analyst actions that can contribute to an error.
- The attendee will be able to identify analyst conditions that can contribute to an error.
- The attendee will be able to identify supervisory issues that can contribute to an error.
- The attendee will be able to identify organizational issues that can contribute to an error.
- The attendee will be able to describe basic quality management practices that mitigate errors.
Prior to the webinar (typically 1 – 2 days) you will receive an email link to a file or folder to download the handout and any relevant supplemental information. The main course handout can also be downloaded from the webinar platform at the time of the webinar.
Assessing Learning Outcomes (a.k.a. Quiz)
In order to verify these learning outcomes have been achieved, there is a 20-question quiz via SurveyMonkey at the end of each webinar. Attendees must score a minimum of 70% on the quiz in order to receive a training certificate for the webinar. Please note the quizzes are open-book and poll questions are given during the webinar to prepare attendees for the quiz.
This webinar may only be attended by the person who is registered for the webinar. Evolve Forensics does not permit broadcasting, watching, listening, or distributing the webinar or any of the webinar handouts to individuals who are not registered for this webinar.
Software Requirements: Attendees must be able to access GoToWebinar (webinar platform) and SurveyMonkey (quiz platform) in order to participate.
The following YouTube Video shows how to use GoToWebinar as an attendee: https://youtu.be/IQ3Xwwgbd8Y
Please contact Alice White via email at Alice@EvolveForensics.com