Introduction to Palm Prints (05/09/22)
May 9-12, 2022
24 hours total
Availability: In stock
Enter the number of attendees in the quantity field and click “Add to cart”. At Checkout, you will be prompted for Billing information and the webinar Attendee information.
Click here to print or download webinar details: WEBINAR FLYER
Instructor: Alice White
This four-day workshop (May 9 – 12) dedicates 24 hours to the friction ridge skin of the palms. Each region of the palms has distinctive ridge flows, patterns, deltas, and creases that can be exploited to determine the anatomical sub-region, left/right handedness, and distal orientation of partial impressions (e.g., latent prints). Additionally, deltas and patterns on the palms have distributions within the population that inform the rarity of these features during the ACE (Analysis, Comparison, and Evaluation) process.
During the lecture we will cover each region of the palm and attendees will practice left/right hand determinations. After the lecture, attendees will have region-specific comparison exercises to complete before the next day. A challenging, mixed region, palm print comparison will round out the last day. This webinar summarizes original palm print data published by Alice (Maceo) White in the Encyclopedia of Forensic Science.
Day 1 (6 hours) Online for 4 hours; 2 hours independent work
Day 2 (6 hours) Online for 3 hours; 3 hours independent work
Day 3 (6 hours) Online for 2 hours; 4 hours independent work
Day 4 (6 hours) Online for 1.5 hours; 4.5 hours independent work
- The attendee will be able to assign proper left/right designations to impressions from the interdigital region.
- The attendee will be able to assign proper distal orientation to impressions from the interdigital region.
- The attendee will be able to assign proper left/right designations to impressions from the hypothenar region.
- The attendee will be able to assign proper distal orientation to impressions from the hypothenar region.
- The attendee will be able to assign proper left/right designations to impressions from the thenar region.
- The attendee will be able to assign proper distal orientation to impressions from the thenar region.
- The attendee will be able to compare partial palm prints to exemplar palm prints and render accurate conclusions.
One to two weeks prior to the first day of class, attendees will receive a link with the handouts for the class. This includes the lecture content and practical exercises. There will be no refunds once the handouts have been provided. Attendees must be able to print the practical exercises or be able to perform comparisons onscreen using a pdf of the unknowns and knowns.
This is a live webinar series, and all four sessions must be attended live to receive a certificate.
Attendees must locate at least 70% of the identifications in the four comparison practicals in order to receive a certificate for this course.
This webinar may only be attended by the person who is registered for the webinar. Evolve Forensics does not permit broadcasting, watching, listening, or distributing the webinar or any of the webinar handouts to individuals who are not registered for this webinar.
Software Requirements: Attendees must be able to access GoToWebinar (webinar platform) and SurveyMonkey (quiz platform) in order to participate.
The following YouTube Video shows how to use GoToWebinar as an attendee: https://youtu.be/IQ3Xwwgbd8Y
Please contact Alice White via email at Alice@EvolveForensics.com